Saturday, May 25, 2013

Joy's life Hero Blog Hop


Welcome to the Super and Everyday hero blog hop, featuring stamps from the Joy's Life My Hero stamp set. If you didn't come from Maria's blog, you might want to go back to the beginning because there are lots of prizes and inspiration.


I created this card with some Bazzill cardstock, some Clearsnap embossing powder and ink, my Joy's life stamp (of course) and ... drinking straws!

I glued the straws in a pattern on a scrap piece of paper then snipped the ends to create a straight line.

Here is the blog lineup:

Joy: http://joyslife.com    



 I don't know what I am giving away yet, but if you want to win a surprise gift from me, become a follower (or already be one) and leave a comment. I will randomly choose one winner to get a surprise!

Now you are on to Stacey's blog!

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Straws!! What an unusual and fun idea, Megan. It's so summery too! Thank you for being in the Super & Everyday Hero blog hop!
Super Hugs,
~Joy~

LauraEva said...

wow---that is totally different! Awesome! love the colors!

LauraEva said...

I'm a new follower!

Angeline Choo said...

what a fun way to use straws!

Maria Matter said...

you are so fun Megan!
when your page loaded I was staring at your card thinking...are they straws?! lol very cool!

Julie Odil said...

What a fun idea to use straws! You clever girl! I'm your newest follower.

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

I love those bright straws against the black cardstock! Too fun!

Stacey
DT sister

~ Kendra ~ said...

Straws? What a fun idea! Love the bright ones, especially up against the black, they look like they are ready to pop off the card! Love it!!

dawnmercedes said...

what a FANTASTIC idea for straws!!! I am so going to use this sometime in the future!! Way to go!

Jennifer said...

I love your creativity!!!! Fabulous

Dee's Designs said...

Straws... looks like paper, now that's creative

Got2BCrafting said...

Wow, never ever would have thought of using straws... clever!!
I love the contrast of the bright straws on the black paper. :)
Great project!
Hugs,
Lori

Kimberly J. said...

Great card!! I love how you used the straws!

Migdalia said...

Very Creative! Love it!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Mrodriguez860@hotmail.com
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Chris said...

Straws!That is a great idea and the colours are so bright they remind me of a lemonade stand!!and candy ..yes definitely candy!

~ Jo ~ said...

OH love this! The straws rock!!! Love the idea...and btw, the new Funday Friday challenge started this week over on my blog. I hope you can come and play along with this week's sketch! Stop on by!

Hugs,
Jo
Jo's Scrap Shack

Sue D said...

How fun to use these brightly colored straws!
I am a follower.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Miriam Prantner said...

This is such a cool idea! Great card!

Rosie said...

super cool creative card using straws
great job

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Patty B said...

Megan, this is such a fun card! Love the use of straws in it!

Liz said...

What a great card! The idea with the straws is so cool!!

Liz Seubert
17eroses@gmail.com