Thursday, December 6, 2012

Joy's Life Christmas gift box

Joy asked us to make treat holders this week. I was stumped at first, but then remembered these adorable little 3-D houses from the winter woodland cricut cartridge. They are made to be just decorations, but I thought it would make a great treat holder if I added a bottom.


The stamp is from the Oh Christmas Puns Joy's life set and embossed with clearsnap embossing powder.

For the bottom, I just traced the square bottom of the house, made it slightly smaller and then added 'wings' around it (just made the outside about 3/4 of an inch larger and folded on the original line. I cut the corners to allow the fold and to create tabs for adhesive. Then I slipped it up inside the house.

It would probably be good to hold this from the bottom. Using cardboard for the base would make it more sturdy. Mine can only hold light candies or meringues, nothing heavy like chocolate chip cookies. You can also adhere the base to the inside of the house to keep it 'sealed'.



The papers are Fancy Pants. The punch is fiskars. The bling is Queen and Co. The twine is Divine Twine.

this is entered in the simon says stamp and show house rules challenge and the flourishes timeless tuesday anything christmas but a card and the crafty creations winter scene challenge

5 comments:

Jingle said...

This is adorable!

Patty B said...

I've been waiting to make one of these houses, also, and I should cause yours is ADORABLE!!!

Jo said...

what a sweet little house! Adorable!!!

Meighan Wheller said...

Great idea for a treat holder Megan. Love the little house a great take on our winter scene! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations..Meighan

Jocelyn Olson said...

What an adorable house! I love the little snowflakes.