Thursday, November 1, 2012

I'm back, and a Joy's Life card

You may or may not have noticed that I've been a little MIA around here lately. Fall is just such a busy time for me! But, I think things are going to settle down now. Ellie's parties are over, and I have a 7 year old in the house!! Can you believe that?!  I sure can't. Halloween is almost over. Comic Con is over. So, yeah I hope to be able to start getting caught up this coming weekend, instead of hanging on by my fingernails as I have been for the past couple of weeks.

On that note, here is a poorly photographed Joy's Life card. Joy gave us the choice this time and I, of course, chose to make a card. I wanted to use this cute saying and had a card all planned out... and then I lost my gypsy cord. So, I ordered another one and had to wait for it. By the time it arrived, so had Hurricane Sandy and the due date for this card. So, I had to use the best lighting available and let's just say, it's not ideal. Still, I think this card turned out super cute!

I used some papers from Teresa Collins. the chipboard is from Want 2 Scrap. The stamp is, of course, from Joy's life. This one is from the 'it's all fall puns' set, which is currently my favorite.

I cut the acorns with my cricut and gypsy using the B is for Boy cartridge.

So, I will be back soon with some photos from halloween and Ellie's birthday. I am also going to get to work on cleaning up my scrap room - maybe I will even find that lost cable - and getting caught up on my assignments because I really hate doing things at the last minute.

you know what? here's one photo from her Halloween parade at school. Thanks SOOOO much to my friend who took this for me.