Monday, May 7, 2012

CAS Rainbow stamped Clearsnap card

I made this card for my husband's grandfather's 91st birthday. I used the Hero Arts Zig Zag thanks set for the chevron design. To create the rainbow color scheme I used the Clearsnap ColorBox Full Size Pigment Inkpad in Primary. It's a rainbow ink pad. So I just carefully applied the ink so that I used just the red orange and yellow for the first stamp. Then I applied the green blue and red, but went over the red section with one of my purple cat eye inks for the second stamp. The hardest part for me was lining up the chevrons   correctly. The sentiment sticker is SRM.
This card is for the CAS-ual Fridays birthday challenge. Also it is for the Simon Says Stamp birthday challenge and the Hero Arts birthday challenge.

4 comments:

Lisa A. said...

Hi Megan!! Your rainbow chevrons are wonderful...love how you achieved all the colors...great stamping and great inking!! Wow...91...how cool is that???!!!! Know he will love this card!! Thanks for celebrating with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)!!

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely CREATIVE, Megan! Your card is outstanding among all the cards! So glad that you join the birthday celebration with us at CAS-ual Fridays!Congrats on the shout out over SRM FB, too!

Anonymous said...

How amazing are those gradient chevrons?? Love them! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays, Diane!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Chevrons - my absolute favorite trend at the moment! And you've showcased them beautifully here!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!! We're so glad you did!!