Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Hanukkah Cards


Happy Hanukkah!

Why are Hanukkah Cards so hard for me? I honestly don't know! The only thing I can come up with is the blue and silver or blue and gold color scheme, but that doesn't really seem to cut it as an explanation.

Here's one that I made a couple weeks ago. I thought it would be fun to make the candles out of ribbon with gems on top as the flames. But there seemed to be enough going on after I created the menorah, so I left it at that. And now, it just looks kind of juvenile don't you think?


This one I actually kind of like - notice that it has blue, but the blue is paired with browns and greens.

On this one I tried to 'copy' my success with the blues and browns, but it didn't work as well. I think because the sentiment is a slightly different shade of blue.
This one, a big part of the problem is the photo - that is for sure! This is from when my camera was really on the fritz. But still, this card just makes me shudder. Again, here, I am blaming two different shades of blue - the ribbon and the paper.

So, yeah, seriously looking for some ideas here as to why I can't seem to make a decent Hanukkah card to save myself! I mean, I guess if I had to pick a type of card to stink at - Hanukkah isn't such a bad one since there are less of them than pretty much any other type. But still, it really kinda bugs me! This year I FORCED myself to make a couple but I dread it because I know they won't turn out right.

Hmmm, I wonder if that has something to do with it? Dreading working on something is bound to stop up the creative flow. But how do you get around that?

1 comment:

Mag said...

Love these cards ! especially the blue/green/brown !