Tuesday, July 21, 2009

louvre page

foHere is another new page. This one is for my DT work at creative inkling - they specified that we had to use stuff from the travel section of the store and I picked this great creative imaginations transparency. And this is also for the Butterfly Crafts travel inspired layout contest.


Photobucket

so, what did I do here - this is kind of an interesting layout. I couldnt decide how best to showcase the transparency and eventually decided that it is really vibrant and at it's best with just a plain piece of white cardstock for the background. But I really wanted to use the glimmer screens that I got as part of this project. So I made the frame using one of the glimmer screens. First I sprayed a scrap piece of white cardstock with gold glimmer mist and let that dry. Then I put the glimmer screen down and sprayed it again with suede glimmer mist and let THAT dry. then I cut out the resulting frame shape and layered a matching glimmer glass mocha piece on top to frame my photo. I also used glimmer glass on two of the corners. Then I pulled out the letters. I wanted to play up the gold elements in the transparency so I stamped the title with embossing ink then sprinkled with gold embossing powder and then heated it. However, I had accidentally stuck the letters to a sheet of plastic that I thought I could pull them off of easily to heat, but I couldnt. So I just went ahead and heated them on the plastic and it curled all up. When it started I thought, oh well I will just cut them off. But then I thought it looked kind of cool like that so I sprayed the letters and attached plastic with more gold glimmer mist and let that dry. Then I adhered it to my page with glossy accents and made a matching piece for the corner to tie it all together.

oh and then I journaled right on the transparency with a copic journaling pen.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I love what you did here! Very artsy and creative!!!