Monday, May 18, 2009

Lily Bee Just Be Me contest entry

This is my entry for the Lily Bee Just be Me contest. I chose to make a book FOR myself about my weight loss motivations. Now I can look through the book and remind myself what is more important than candy.

I used the die cut papers to create the base of the album. I glued them to cardboard (from a mailer envelope) then cut them out, and cut them in half to make the pages. Then I covered the other side with a coordinating Lily Bee paper.

In addition to the Lily Bee papers and die cuts, I used YMBD scrapbooking journaling spots, die cuts and corrugated cardboard shapes. The brown frame, some of the brads and many of the trims are from Chatterbox. The flowers are from Prima and cut from Lily Bee paper on my Slice. The book plates along with the small brads are from JoAnn. I also used some Kaiser pearls along with miscellaneous metal findings, and trims.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

of course I used copious amounts of ink, and my bind it all also.

All of the titles were printed on my computer, by printing first on a test sheet of paper, then carefully positioning the diecut or journaling spot so that when run through the printer a second time, the text was centered.

13 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful work on your mini and what a great idea to journal about something that has been so important in your life. Using the die cuts for the base of the journal was a stroke of genius. Good luck on the contest :) Liz

scrapwordsmom said...

really awesome book, Meg.

shana0780 said...

What a wonderful mini. I hope you will succeed. Good luck for the contest

Jscraps4u said...

Oh Meg!! That is the most adorable book! I love your style!

DGirlLV said...

OMG Meg...This is an awesome book. Love it!

Sandy said...

Nice book Meg - I have my fingers crossed...

Lori Gentile said...

What a beautiful album!!!

Pamela said...

Great job! I love this!

stephanie howell said...

This is so pretty. Thanks so much for entering our contest! xo

Rebekah Williams said...

This is beautiful and honest. I hope you do well in the contest, and in meeting the goals you have set. Wonderful job!!

katrina said...

just gorgeous!! thanks for entering!!

Brenda Hurd said...

beautiful! Thanks for entering!

Keely Livings said...

Such a beautiful album, Megan! I love all of the gorgeous details.