Thursday, January 31, 2008

Scrap Goodies, CHA yumminess and an article

The second article in my new column is up over at Scrapwords. It is titled Meg's Card Making Method 101.

I have no illusions that I am the greatest card maker. But I do sort of have it down to a science where I can whip out about 10 cards using almost all scraps in about an hour. In my article I share some tips and tricks so that you can do this to. Of course, if you are looking for some just gorgeous cards and want to hone your card-making skills, then I also have a link for you. Oh and by the way, it is on my to-do list to hone my own card making skills so that I can make some gorgeous cards for those really special occasions. The 'formula' is just for your every day, on hand cards.

and here are the examples:
Photobucket
Photobucket

Like I said, nothing fancy, but pretty, simple, fast and mostly free!

On to Scrappy Goodness! I got TWO boxes of scrappy fun in the mail yesterday. One from Les at Scrapwords. She sent me some awesome DT stuff from urban lily that I can't wait to try. AND (have I mentioned that she is THE BEST!) she also sent me a few sheets of kraft cardstock!!! I can't get it around here and every time I go to order it online it is sold out, so she took a few sheets out of her personal stash for me. I can't wait to try it!! I think that will be the first thing I do this weekend! woohoo!

The second package was my first ever order from 'a peek into yesterday'. Remember a while back I won a photo contest? Well they gave me a gc, and I spent it - got some fun papers, some cardstock (they were sold out of kraft too) and some distress crackle paint and some stickles!!! Can't wait to try that either!

It's kind of funny that some of these things that I have never tried are old hat to a lot of people. If you have a LSS you just dont know how lucky you are!!

mmmmm, CHA. So with all the CHA sneaks coming out I had been prepared to be blown away by the amount of product that I just HAVE to have. But for the last few weeks, I havent been feeling it. Then along came Karen Russel and her Narratives line for CI. can I just say: yum! I can't wait to get my hands on that whole line! but alas, it doesnt start shipping until MAY - can you believe that? I know what I want for my birthday! Then there are some cool things from Fancy Pants, and prima and even a couple things from Cosmo Cricket that I am eyeing - the blackboard stuff and the Get Happy line. Finally, a new company - pink paislee - seems promising. I can't wait to see the whole line!

Finally, some random things about me. Last night I went to dinner with Shannon for Philly's restaurant week. It is a promotion that they do twice a year with a ton of the center city restaurants participating. They have prixe fix menus where you get 3 or 4 courses for $35. These are NICE restaurants so that is a bargain. However, like Shannon said, it is kinda funny how a bargain dinner turns out being about $70 a person by the time you have a drink, tip and parking. But oh well, we had fun. We both had french fries as our appetizer. I know it doesnt sound elegant or interesting, but we are both sort of on diets so french fries was a huge treat, and they were really good thin crispy fries with light seasoning and three different dipping sauces - some sort of bbq that I tasted but didnt go back to, honey mustard that I could have taken a bath in, and a wasabi cream that was just decadent, although a little light on the wasabi for my taste. Then we had no choice about the second course, we had a cesear salad. Next we both chose the pork tenderloin with carmelized apples demiglaze and smashed sweet potatoes. yum! Finally they brought us a dessert sampler - a white chocolate stick, a lemon tart, a chocolate brownie and a chocolate truffle cake. Each thing was only two bites big, but it was the perfect size! I left feeling full and happy. Of course, that was after the horrid drive into the city where my GPS was playing tricks on me - turn left, no get in the right lane, no get in the left lane. LOL! thank goodness there were not very many people on the road as I zig zagged my way down 4th street! As soon as I walked into the restaraunt I ordered a glass of wine to calm my nerves. I was literally shaking and naseous! I am just not a city girl! I was reminded of this again when we were waiting for our cars and I saw the banner above the entrance to penn's landing. I just can never believe it when I find myself in center city, or old town in these places that were so far away and impressive when I was growing up.

Oh and I lost 2 lbs so far this week. The end.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Congrats on the 2lbs and the scrap goodies! The cards look great! I need to do at least one today, but you may have inspired more!

Jayme Downs said...

WTG on the 2lbs!! :) Love all the cards!! I've seen a few sneek peaks that I look forward to getting. ;)

Suzanne said...

Wow, love all the cards, and congrats on saying goodbye to 2 pounds!

Lynn Anne said...

Congrats on the two pounds and the potty training, and NOTHING about those cards says 'everyday' to me...beautiful! have to go check out your article!

BlogMe