Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Hanukkah is over, we all know what's next

So last night was the last night of Hanukkah. I must say that I am a little sad to see it go. I really had a great time celebrating with Eliana. I am even more excited about Christmas now, but I must admit, a little apprehensive. I worry that she is going to be overwhelmed. Last night she got a gift from Bubby and Zayda and while Uncle Josh was putting it together, I thought she could open her gift from Mommy and Daddy. She did, but at first she was a little distracted, like wanting to keep an eye on her first present. Christmas is going to be like that only ten-fold.

I am sooooo ready for Christmas and the week long vacation that goes along with it. Last night I was asleep by 8pm. This morning I got up, workedout, and showered, before climbing into Eliana's bed, which she had long since vacated for ours, and falling back to sleep. Of course this means that I have to work until 7pm tonight. yuk. I really need a break!

In other news, I finished wrapping my presents. Ok, not finished finished, but almost. I just have a few small things to finish up and I will probably do that next week after work when I am sure that I have every last thing that I will possibly buy. Yes, my child is thoroughly spoiled.

Oh, and I got my first Bad Girls scrapbook kit. It is awesome and I already made one page from it, and a second is almost done - just waiting for Eliana's new pictures so I can finish it up. I am so glad that I got this kit. Oh, but it is killing me that I entered the page into a contest over there and so i can't share it anywhere else. I just want to share it everywhere. And that, my friends, is why I will probably never be published. I just can't stand to not share EVERY SINGLE page with my online pals right away. I mean, if I knew that it would get published I guess I coulld force myself but not for the slim-to-none chance of being selected. I just love sharing online too much. Oh well. Scrapbooking really is a hobby and I just want to be happy doing it.

I guess that is all for today. oh, no it isnt. I also finally managed to find some tiny suction cups to use to hang my lights on the inside of my windows. I hope it works, I looked in four different stores before finally finding them in a crappy dollar store that I never imagined myself buying anything from. Yes, that is the other news of the week. I am a dollar store snob, I only like the dollar tree with it's predictable everything is a dollar policy, and its predictable quality - not great but pretty good for a dollar. This other dollar store, not everything is a dollar, a lot of it looks used, and it smells funny in there. Oh well, I found my suction cups for - you guessed it - only a dollar!! LOL!

No comments: