Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Here we go again

This would be my third attempt at a blog. I think blogs, in general, are an interesting trend. They really generate a lot of nothing. Everyone seems to want to put information about their life out there for the world to see, and they seem to think that other people really want to read it. I don't know about that. Anyway, I thought I would give it a shot. Maybe I will come around and see the beauty in all of this. The only way to find out is to try right? So I titled this blog, thoughts of traveling because I really do think about that all the time. I just love traveling. Right now it is pretty much all dreams. But someday it will be reality once again. In the mean time, I dont really plan on writing a whole lot about it. Which is why the actual title of this blog is more simply, thoughts a dreams.

Right now my life is pretty much consumed with work, family, and scrapbooking. I have been scrapbooking for about 3 years now, but just in the last couple months would I say I have become addicted. It is all I think about and all I do in my free time these days.

Originally, my goal was simply to get my pictures and story down in a format that is pleasing to the eye. Now I have become more interested in making my pages into works of art, and entering them in contests. My goal is to be published. I dont want to try to make a career out of this or anything, but it would be nice to get the validation of being published or at least winning a small contest or two. I still don't want to lost sight of the original goal though, and that is to record life in a way that my daughter and her children can happily look back on it.

Ok, I guess that is it for the introduction.

No comments: